Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Thank You For Drinking!

It has been about one month and half since my arrival back to NYC. My friends and I have been hitting the bars pretty hard to celebrate. We hit the Hispanic bars in Queens to the Korean bars in K-Town. Besides the nationality difference, there isn’t much difference in prices. In fact the bars in Queens were only a dollar or two cheaper per drink than the ones in the city. Beers such as Coronas and Heinekens were about five to six dollars in both boroughs. Which is quite reasonable for drinks in NYC I guess. If you think about it, you’re paying six to seven dollars for cigarettes. Everything in New York is priced up. What really blew my mind was the cost of mixed drinks at some of these places. I was playing eleven dollars for a Grey Goose and Cranberry at Sutton Place which is on 54st and 2nd ave. I didn’t mind since the drinks were kinda strong and there were many attractive young ladies throughout the night at this bar. The crowd didn’t die out till about fifteen minutes past three am. Long Islands in K-town were expensive. The drinks cost us about fourteen dollars per Long Island. I felt that’s quite expensive for a drink. Although the drinks were strong and had numerous cute female bartenders, that is still a steep price to pay. If you can afford it than what the hell! Drinks are on you. Next Friday (July 20, 2007), I will be attending the Ice Bar for Obi-Wan’s Birthday Bash. Most of my peoples from New Rochelle should be there. The week after that, it will be C-3PO bachelor party in the city. My wallet is already feeling the burn but hey, your only young once. Best make the most out of it.

No comments: